10 Spot Trivia
Feb 24, 2010 03:33AM, Published by Wendy Sipple, Categories: In Print
This month, Style celebrates the beloved green-donning holiday, St. Patrick’s Day, with St. Patty’s Day trivia. Good Luck...of the Irish!
1. What are the colors of the flag of Ireland?
2. In Irish folklore, what is the traditional profession of a leprechaun?
3. What type of meat goes into a traditional Irish stew?
4. What were the years of the Irish potato famine?
5. Why is St. Patrick’s Day celebrated on March 17?
6. Where was St. Patrick born?
7. Finish the popular Irish toast: May the roof above us never fall in, and may _____.
8. What U.S. state has the largest population of Americans of Irish descent?
9. On what part of the body do the Irish wear shamrocks on St. Patrick’s Day?
10. What does “Erin Go Bragh,” a phrase often heard on St. Patrick’s Day, mean?
SPOILER ALERT! Scroll down to find the answers!
- Green representing Roman Catholics, orange representing Protestants and white in between representing living together in peace.
- A cobbler or shoemaker.
- Lamb or mutton chops.
- 1845 to 1849
- St. Patrick died on March 17, 461 A.D.
- Britain, around 385 A.D.
- ...we friends beneath it never fall out.
- On their shoulders.
- Ireland Forever.