10 Spot Trivia
Jun 24, 2010 10:55AM
● By Style
July is National Hot Dog Month!
Did you know that on the Fourth of July alone, Americans will consume over 150 million hot dogs? And legend has it, that baseball great Babe Ruth once ate 12 hot dogs between games of a double-header! Test your knowledge with the following frank questions.
- What famous movie character uttered the phrase, “Nobody, I mean nobody, puts ketchup on a hot dog.”?
- Which blonde bombshell was named “Miss Hot Dog” early in her career?
- The average hot dog is consumed in how many bites?
- What state introduced corn dogs (hot dogs fried in cornmeal batter) at their 1942 State Fair?
- At what ball park did the hot dog get its name?
- Who coined the phrase “hot dog”?
- What meat is most commonly used today in the production of hot dogs?
- What comic strip character has a cat named Hot Dog?
- According to popular legend, the Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest began as an argument over what?
- What is the most popular hot dog topping in the U.S.?
Scroll Down for Answers...
1. Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry.
2. Jayne Mansfield, in 1950
5. The Polo Grounds, New York City
6. Sports cartoonist Tad Dorgan
8. Dennis (the Menace) Mitchell
9. Patriotism. According to legend, four immigrants gathered at Nathan’s on July 4, 1916, and ate hot dogs to prove who loved America the most.