The 10 Spot - Famous Love Trivia
Feb 01, 2013 03:35AM ● Published by Style
In honor of Cupid’s favorite month, Style rounded up trivia on 10 famous couples.
Gather a group and celebrate your love of Valentine’s Day by seeing who’s the biggest romantic of the group!
1. Who was gifted a 69.2-carat diamond that eventually was named after her and her ex-husband?
2. Who was Romeo originally infatuated with before he met and fell in love with Juliet?
3. Why did Mattel name the famous doll couple Barbie and Ken?
4. Which couple did James Cameron loosely base the plot line of Titanic on?
5. Celebrities tend to do things a little differently than the rest of society. What famous couple was married for a total of six hours?
6. Which Egyptian queen committed suicide after her lover tried to kill himself because he believed she was already dead?
7. Many actors meet their significant other while working together. This couple met while he was married, but they now have six kids together and are engaged. Who are they?
8. Some celebrity marriages end within six hours of the nuptials, but some last a lifetime. Which couple managed to make it 50 years before he passed away after a battle with cancer?
9. This cinematic vixen married and divorced seven times. Who is she?
10. How long did the infamous marriage of Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries last?
Answers on the next page...
1. Elizabeth Taylor was gifted this giant gem from Richard Burton and she sold it in 1978. This ring was dubbed the Taylor-Burton diamond.
3. They were named after one of the founders, Elliot Handler’s, children, Barbara and Kenneth.
4. Kate Florence Phillips was gifted the true Heart of the Ocean necklace (a slightly different sapphire and diamond necklace versus a blue diamond necklace as seen in the movie), by her married lover, Henry Samuel Morley. Phillips and Morley were escaping to America; however Morley didn’t make it, inspiring Cameron to create the film.
5. Italian actor Rudolph Valentino and American actress Jean Acker were married in 1919 for a total of six hours. After the impulsive wedding, Acker regretted the decision and locked her newly wed husband out of their honeymoon suite.
6. Cleopatra and Mark Antony
7. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
8. Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward (1958-2008)
9. Lana Turner
10. 72 days