The 10 Spot – Famous Artist Trivia
Aug 29, 2014 02:15PM ● Published by Megan Wiskus
The trivia below is a good reminder of the obstacles that many renowned artists encountered on their road to fame.
1. Which well-known artist only sold one painting in his lifetime, titled The Red Vineyard?
2. Who suffered from acute appendicitis at the age of 21 and started painting to ease his boredom during recovery?
3. How many words long is Pablo Picasso’s real name?
4. In which city did pop art originate?
5. Whose art style became known as surrealism?
6. Who once said: “Art is anything you can get away with”?
7. What’s depicted in The Last Supper?
8. Leonardo da Vinci spent 10 years painting the lips of Mona Lisa. True or false?
9. Which of Claude Monet’s senses failed?
10. To speed up the process of creating art, what method did Andy Warhol adopt?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Vincent Van Gogh
2. Henri Matisse
3. 23 (Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Martyr Patricio Clito Ruíz y Picasso
5. Salvador Dali
6. Andy Warhol
7. Jesus and his 12 disciples
8. False. He spent 12 years painting them.
10. Screen printing