Get Your Ne-on
1. TURN HEADSBe bold and bright by adding colorful versatility to your look with one of these handmade, braided T-shirt headbands from Hatsune Kitsune. $10, etsy.com/shop/hatsunekitsune
2. ORANGE APPEALTwenty-fourteen has proved that orange is the new black and it looks better than ever on this gorgeous, ruffled tube top from Ally Kat Couture. $32, allykatcouture.com
3. WATCH OUTNow is the perfect time to stand out and accessorize. This Thalia two-toned watch is sunny, bright and available at Charming Charlie. $25, charmingcharlie.com
4. NAIL ITNeon nails are hot, hot, hot this season. Shine bright and schedule your mani/pedi today using one of OPI’s bold neon shades at Belle Nail Spa. $25+, 916-608-0838
5. LUMINOUS LOOMThe only thing that can make the Rainbow Loom more fun is neon-colored bands to craft with! Find all kinds of brightly hued bands at Brainy Zoo Toys in Rancho Cordova. $3.99+, brainyzootoys.com
6. GO FISHWhat’s the best way to brighten up a meal? Enjoy a vibrant sushi roll at Wasabi Asia Bistro and Sushi Bar. With a vast array of offerings, like the aptly named Volcano roll, there’s something to appease the pickiest of palates. Prices vary, wasabii.com
Rachel Lopez and Kirsten Vernon are hosts of ‘The Where and Wears’ of El Dorado County. Be sure to watch them on Foothill 7 Television and Sierra Community Access Television 2 and “like” them on Facebook.