The 10 Spot – Holiday Drinks
Nov 26, 2014 10:50AM, Published by Megan Wiskus, Categories:
Food+Wine, In Print
Get your holiday buzz on and start making spirits bright by warming up with one of the 10 cold-weather cocktails below.
- Frangelico Truffle. 1 oz. Frangelico, 1 oz. vodka, 3/4 oz. espresso. Shake with ice and serve up in a cocktail glass. Dust with dark chocolate shavings.
- Beauty and the Beast. 1 oz. Baileys Vanilla Cinnamon, 1/2 oz. Peppermint Schnapps. Shake with ice and strain into shot glass rimmed with coconut shavings.
- Maple Syrup Martini. 2 parts Skinnygirl® Bare Naked Vodka, 2 parts club soda, dollop of warm maple syrup. Shake vodka and maple syrup together with ice. Pour into martini glass and top with club soda.
- Candy Cane Martini. 1 part Skinnygirl® Bare Naked Vodka, 1 part Peppermint Schnapps, 1 part fat-free sweetened condensed milk. Shake with ice and strain into martini glass. Garnish with mini candy cane.
- The King’s Winter Cup. 1.5 oz. King’s Ginger liqueur, 1 oz. apple cider, 4 oz. spirited apple cider (alcoholic). Simmer on gentle heat for 30 minutes and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
- Mulled Wine. 4 cups apple cider, 1 bottle red wine, 1/4 cup honey, 1 orange (zested and juiced), 2 cinnamon sticks, 4 whole cloves, 3 star anise. Bring all ingredients to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour into mugs and garnish with orange peels.
- Spiked Eggnog. 1 egg yolk, 1/2 oz. simple syrup, 1 oz. brandy (or spirit of choice), 1-1/4 oz. milk. Shake with ice and strain into old-fashioned glass.
- Ruby Sparkler. 1 part Fonseca BIN 27 Ruby Port, 2 parts chilled brut champagne/sparkling wine. Pour into champagne flute.
- Disaronno Almond Joy. 1 part Disaronno, 1 part white chocolate cream liqueur, 2 parts cream. Shake with ice and strain into martini glass. Garnish with powdered cocoa.
- Tinsel Bellini. 2 oz. Hpnotiq, 1 oz. limoncello, 1 oz. champagne, splash of lime juice. Chill first three ingredients and pour into sugar-rimmed champagne flute. Add splash of lime juice.