CHRISTMAS TREE RECYCLING AND CHIPPINGThis CSD/Waste Connections-sponsored event will take place at the Community Park from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to noon on Sunday; free, but cash donations will benefit the Community Supporting Youth Fund. To prepare, remove everything from the tree including all ornaments, lights, ornament holders, nails and stand. Please note: Trees that are “flocked” are not eligible for chipping. Discarded wreaths, garlands and greenery with metal, plastic, wire, lights or ornamentation are not considered green waste; place them in your trash cart.
Residents have a choice to:
- Bring trees to the Community Park either day.
- Utilize the Boy Scout curbside tree collection fund-raiser happening on Saturday.
- Cut the tree into small pieces and place it in the green waste cart (make sure it’s not so packed that it’ll get stuck in the cart when being emptied) for green waste collection week.
- Take trees to the Recycling Center at 4421 Latrobe Road in El Dorado Hills.
- Take trees to the Material Recovery Facility in Diamond Springs.
For more information about these events and other happenings, visit edhcsd.org or call 916-933-6624.