Favorite Local Sandwich
Rotisserie Turkey Club at Land Ocean – Photo by Dante Fontana © Style Media Group
In no particular order...
- “My favorite noon-time nosh is the Rotisserie Turkey Club at Land Ocean. Crispy bacon, ripe tomatoes, fresh lettuce and a hefty stack of turkey are complemented by tangy garlic aioli and buttery, toasted bread. Talk about a sandwich masterpiece!”
- My vote goes to the Chicken Cutlet Parmigiana Hero from Dominick’s Italian Market & Deli. The house-made bread is chewy and firm; the breaded chicken cutlet is tender; the marinara sauce is messy; and the whole thing oozes cheese. You won’t find a messier, more satisfying, murmur-softly-to-yourself-while-you’re-eating sandwich.”
- “The Rueben at Mr. Pickle’s is frankly the best sammie I’ve ever had. If you ask them to add avocado, you’ll die and go to heaven. Swear it on my life. Seriously, go get one for lunch.”
- “The Caprese Grilled Cheese at Hop House is sinfully delicious, although I don’t feel much guilt after devouring mine. With fresh buffalo mozzarella, tomatoes and basil drizzled with EVOO and balsamic vinegar, all smashed between parmesan-crusted bread then pressed and fried like Mom’s grilled cheese, it doesn’t get any better.”
- “The Pepper Bleu Roast Beef from Great Harvest Bread Company gets my vote. The fresh fixin’s, combined with the bleu cheese spread and fresh-from-the-oven bread (order it on honey whole wheat, old-fashioned white or the grain ‘bread of the day’), results in an out-of-body experience.”