Local Eateries Prove Bacon Makes Everything Better
BACON BROWNIE AT FOLSOM TAP HOUSE – Photo by Dante Fontana © Style Media Group
In no particular order...
- “The Bacon Brownie at Folsom Tap House is a salty-sweet combination of pure heaven. A densely delicious fudge brownie has hints of bacon, while a giant scoop of vanilla bean (or salted caramel) ice cream with stout caramel sauce adorns the top. Talk about saving the best for last.”
- “The Big Tex at Ruffhaus Hot Dog Co. is packed with big spice and flavor. A beef hot link is piled high with bacon, barbecue sauce, grilled onions, white Cheddar cheese and jalapeños, resulting in a party on your palate!”
- The Bacon Waffle at Waffle Barn is golden on the outside and fluffy on the inside with an addicting combination of crunchy bits of bacon dotted throughout. Something about sweet maple syrup and salty pork is a match made in breakfast heaven.” 916-817-4225
- “I must confess: I’m slightly addicted to the Maple Bacon Donut at The Donut Shop. The fresh made and airy donut is topped with crispy, salted-to-perfection bits of bacon and a sugary maple glaze that’s not cloyingly sweet.”
- “Pizza and potato skins are two of my favorite things, so imagine my excitement over the Pizza Skins at Pizzeria Classico. Mashed taters take the place of tomato sauce and toppings include a hefty helping of cheese, bacon and green onions. One bite is all it takes to turn my hangry frown upside down.” 916-351-1430