Which Folsom Streets Will be Repaired This Summer?
May 12, 2015 09:37AM ● Published by Steven Jack
Photo courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons
A $1.4 million citywide concrete and pavement repair project will begin Monday meant to improve the drivability and lifespan of main roadways and neighborhood streets in Folsom.
The project will repair and resurface 12 local roads and will include a combination of asphalt overlays and micro-surfacing depending on the severity of repairs. The project will also replace curbs, gutters and sidewalks in disrepair, and upgrade more than 40 curb ramps to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Streets that will be resurfaced and repaired include:
- School Street between Wales Drive and Montrose Drive
- Fargo Way between Wales Drive and Alezane Drive
- Alezane Drive between Fargo Way and Montrose Drive
- Perraud Court between Alezane Drive and End of Pavement
- Roberts Road between Inwood Road and End of Pavement
- Shelley Court between Willow Creek Drive and End of Pavement
- Llewellyn Court between Flower Drive and End of Pavement
- Reading Street between Bidwell Street and End of Pavement
- Willow Creek Drive between Flower Drive and Sharon Court
- Glenn Drive between Riley Street and School Street
- Orchard Drive between Riley Street and E. Bidwell Street
- Oak Avenue Parkway between Haverhill Drive and Halidon Way
The work will require road and lane closures this summer, and will be completed by August. Residents and businesses will be notified at least three days in advance of roadway work impacting their street. All streets will be open at the end of the work day.
For more information, call the Public Works Department’s project manager Ryan Chance, at 916-355-8346.
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE CITY OF FOLSOM