City of Folsom Shares Water-saving Tips for Summer
Jun 17, 2015 02:51PM ● Published by Kevin
Photo courtesy of Steven Depolo via Flickr.
Find the right combination for you to reduce by 32 percent or 192 gallons a day.
Outdoor Water UseReduce each sprinkler cycle by two minutes
- Saves 80 gallons per day
- Saves 90 gallons per day, per 1,000 square feet
- Saves 30 gallons per 1,000 square feet each time you water
- Save 50 gallons each time you water
- Saves more than 40 gallons every time you water
Indoor WaterUse Limit showers to five minutes or less
- Saves 12.5 gallons with a water-efficient shower head
- Saves 10 gallons per person per day Fix leaky toilets
- Saves 30 to 50 gallons per day per toilet Install a high-efficiency
- Saves 19 gallons per person/day
- Saves 15 to 45 gallons per load