City of Folsom Accepting Nominations for 2015 Arts Achievement Recognition Award
Sep 23, 2015 04:53PM ● Published by David Norby
Anna Ismagilova © foltolia
Arts Achievement Recognition Program – Call for Nominations 2015
The City of Folsom is currently accepting nominations from the community for consideration to receive an Arts Achievement Recognition Award for 2015. The Arts Achievement Recognition Program was developed by the Folsom Arts and Cultural Commission to recognize outstanding arts organizations and individuals in Folsom. Winners receive recognition on the City of Folsom website and a certificate of achievement and may receive either a letter of recognition at a Folsom Arts and Cultural Commission or a resolution of commendation by the Folsom City Council.
The qualifications for Arts Achievement Award recognition include:
- Individual or non-profit organization clearly related to one of the following art categories: visual, performing, arts education, or historical.
- A business or business-friendly organization that makes substantial contributions to stabilize an arts organization or promotes the arts within Folsom or provides arts services to the community.
- The nominee must be a Folsom resident or the organization based in Folsom.
- The achievement benefits the general population.
- The nomination may be a recent outstanding project or a long-term service.
- The nomination may recognize an achievement awarded by a larger art organization (such as a regional, state or national award in the arts).
Winning nominations will be announced at the November, 2015 Folsom Arts and Cultural Commission meeting.
Past recipients include:
- 2003- Curtis Gaesser, Music Director from the Folsom High School, and Deirdre Hawkins, Owner and Director of Hawkins School of Performing Arts
- 2004 – Vista Del Lago High School Art Teachers Lori Emmington and Chris Gilbert; and Mervyns
- 2005 – Bruce Woodbury, Folsom Symphony and Lori Wille, Folsom Gourd Festival; Jerry Bernau and Bobby Coyote for Public Art
- 2006 – Dick Merz and Claudia Cummings, for a lengthy list of contributions to the arts
- 2007- Folsom Patrons of the Arts, Stages – Northern California Performing Arts, and The Wine Gallery
- 2008 – Sharon Penrose, teacher; Giovanna Stark, American Visions Art Gallery; Folsom Hills Elementary School and Folsom Hills PTO.
- 2009 – McCarthy Cook Co. for Public Art, Caryn Rizell, FACC and Patrons of the Arts
- 2010 – Folsom Arts Association
- 2011 - Elliott Homes, for the art at the Palladio Mall, Marsha Williams Miller of Folsom Symphony; Cynthia Abraham, 48 Natoma Gallery Director; Barbara Otey of the Arts Association.
- 2012 - Cindy Baker Murer House City Council Resolution; Mike Jimena, Connie Mackenhaupt, Allen Smeltz, Sutter Street Theater Arts Achievement
- 2013 – Folsom Lake Community Concert Association – City Council Resolution of Commendation and Lori Anderson, President of the Folsom Arts Association, Arts Achievement Recognition Award
- 2014 –Nicholson Music, City Council Resolution of Commendation and Bonita Chimes, Photography Instructor, Arts Achievement Recognition Award