Veterans Day Discounts and Events in the Sacramento Region
© Cheryl Casey/fotolia
From parades and observances to free museum admission and discounted meals, our area is chock-full of ways to honor veterans and military personnel this November 11. Read on for just a sampling of what’s on tap.
1. The California State Railroad Museum is offering a Veterans Day Train Ride at 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.; veterans ride free and also receive free admission to the museum.
2. At the Aerospace Museum, all guests, military or not, are invited to a special veteran-honoring day that includes free admission and an open cockpit.
3. Members of the military, veterans and their families are invited to Military Family Day at the Sacramento Zoo, where they’ll receive half-off admission with a valid military ID.
4. Don’t miss Folsom’s annual Wayne Spence Veterans Day Parade featuring marching bands, veterans organizations, drill teams and more. 916-355-7299
5. Chicago Fire Pizza will offer a 10-percent discount to anyone who shows a valid military ID.
6. Cooper’s Coffee House in Folsom will offer current or past military personnel a free drip coffee (any size).
7. Fat’s Asia Bistro will offer veterans 20-percent off any appetizer or dessert (may not be combined with any other discount or Happy Hour).
8. World Famous Barber Jon’s in El Dorado Hills is offering $1 haircuts to veterans.
9. The City of Sacramento Veterans Day Parade begins on the West Steps of the State Capitol and celebrates those who have served and continue to serve; information booths, children’s activities, food trucks and more will follow. 916-808-6789
10. Celebrate and honor our veterans, active service members and fallen heroes on November 14 at Blues and Brews for Vets. Held at Lakeview Church in El Dorado Hills, proceeds benefit local projects and programs that support our veterans.