10 Local Acts of Kindness for the Sacramento Region
Nov 30, 2015 09:53AM ● Published by David Norby
Make someone merry and bright this month by partaking in one (or all) of the local acts of kindness below. Not only will you fill someone else’s heart with joy, but your own as well!
1. Next time you’re buying a cup of Joe, pay for the customer’s coffee behind you.
2. Bake (or buy) an assortment of cookies and bring them to a neighbor or the local firehouse or police station.
3. Organize a caroling group and sing your holiday favorites at a nearby senior living facility.
4. Make a monetary or food donation to Twin Lakes Food Bank. For more details, visit twinlakesfoodbank.org/how_you_can_help.
5. Leave a holiday-inspired “Thank You” card (with or without a small tip or gift card) for your mail carrier.
6. Create “mini holiday hygiene packs” and pass them out to the homeless.
7. Volunteer to babysit for a friend or family member who’s particularly sleep-deprived.
8. Head to BloodSource in Folsom and donate blood, Monday through Saturday. For times and requirements, visit bloodsource.org.
9. Know someone who’s new to the neighborhood and may not have family nearby? Invite them to partake in your holiday celebration.
10. Bring a few colorful bouquets to the nearest hospital and ask them to be put in the rooms of patients who don’t get a lot of visitors.