May 04, 2018 12:03PM
Leading Ladies - Since Mother’s Day is right around the corner (May 13) we’ve put together a list of 10 Ways to Celebrate Mom— from local marathons and festivals, to brunches, movies, and more. Head to the web to find out more.
1. Champagne Brunch at Lake Natoma Inn, Folsom – Feast on crab, oysters, eggs benedict, French toast, prime rib, assorted desserts, mimosas and more at Lake Natoma Inn for their Mother’s Day Champagne Brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. To make reservations, call 916-351-1500.
2. Love my Mom 5k, Folsom – For a morning of fitness and fun that mom will love, head to Whole Foods Market at the Palladio at Broadstone in Folsom for a 5k run/walk beginning at 8:20 a.m. All registered participants receive a custom dry-fit shirt and special finisher’s medal. The Kids’ Dash fun run waves begin at 8 a.m. and 8:10 a.m., and participants receive a special finisher’s medal. https://www.folsom.ca.us/city_hall/depts/parks/events/events/mom.asp
3. Mother’s Day Triahlon and Duathlon, Granite Beach,Folsom – This swim, bike and run race for women only is back with finisher medals and tech-tee women’s cut race shirts beginning at 8:30 a.m. on May 13 at Granite Beach, Folsom Lake. Also back, is the Mother’s Day Coed 5K at 9 a.m. so that dads, sons, and boyfriends can participate. There will also be a special mother-daughter wave. http://totalbodyfitness.com/site/race/mothers-day-triathlon-duathlon-2018/
4. Masterworks Concert by Auburn Symphony, Auburn – On May 12 and 13, Auburn Symphony will serenade you with performances by Konstantin Soukhovetski on the piano playing Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 4, a dramatic, romantic masterpiece culminating in a magnificent triumph. This grand finale of the symphony’s 30th anniversary season will also feature a special birthday piece arranged by Maestro Jaffe. http://www.auburnsymphony.com/concerts/
5. Mother’s Day Movies, Palladio 16, Folsom; Regal El Dorado Hills; United Artists, Roseville – Catch the latest mother’s day-themed flicks at your nearest movie theater. Pick from Overboard, Book Club, Life of the Party, Breaking In, and The Guardians.
6. Art, Beer Wine Festival, El Dorado Hills – Spend the weekend sipping wine and savoring art at this event at the El Dorado Hills Town Center that will feature 80+ artists and their works, great food, live music and award-winning wineries and breweries. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days. http://www.eldoradohillsartfestival.org/
7. Berryfest, Roseville – For a weekend of contests, music, animals, fun attractions and berries galore, head to At the Grounds in Roseville any time between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. There will be a special strawberry pancake breakfast from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. both days too. https://www.feedmeberries.com/
8. Bloomtastic Tour of Maple Rock Gardens, Penryn- Explore one of Northern California’s most beautiful gardens at Maple Rock Gardens on May 12 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will be live music and lots to eat and drink. https://www.highhandnursery.com/events/category/feature/
9. Randy Peter’s Catering Champagne Buffet Brunch, Roseville – Enjoy piano music by world-renowned Jim Martinez, a full-service bar, a lounge area, and yummy food from the manned waffle, carving, omelet, savory and dessert stations. Mothers seated in their Rose Room will receive a special flower, too. http://randypeterscatering.com/mothers-day-brunch-2018/
10. Mother’s Day Special, Folsom – All aboard for a memorable ride from Oak Avenue Whistlestop to a special Mother’s Day brunch at beautiful Willow Springs. The short journey in a restored 1936 motorcar will take you through the heart of Folsom to an outdoor brunch buffet, live music and a free mimosa for Mom. Departures begin at 10 a.m. and the last ride is at 2:30 p.m. http://www.psvrr.org/event/mothers-day-special-2018/